Wednesday 31 August 2011

What am I doing about it?

Ok, so having realised there is a whole load of things that I don't know - whether through ill-advice or my own forgetfulness (understandable over 19 years!!) but probably both.

So far, I have spoken to my diabetes team and they have been great. Initially the appointment was to talk about problems I was having with my eating, so this came out of it as well. They have enrolled me on their own version of DAFNE (Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating) which I am attending one day a week for 4 weeks during October - I'm very excited about this.

I have also used an online learning programme to try and get some more facts about diabetes - http://www.bdec-e-learning.com/ I need to go through this in a lot more detail, but I am hoping that this and the DAFNE course will work off each other and I should come away with a much better understanding of what it is I am supposed to be doing.

One way or another I am addressing my problems and also my need to re-educate and accept my diabetes. My knowledge of diabetes, in all it's detail could probably fit in one or two paragraphs these days....but how could I ever hope to manage something I don't truly understand??

No comments:

Post a Comment